Friday, December 19, 2008

.Japanese Lunch Set - worth it!

"Lunch?"

"Where to?"

"Japanese food, good and cheap"

And my beloved sister brought me to this place at Goldhill Plaza - Matsuo Sushi Restaurant.

This restaurant is pretty small, read up a few reviews online and most of them commented that the food is good. So i was expecting something good.

We had the Raw Fish with Vinegared Rice Lunch Set. Comes with chawanmushi and fruits.

I was expecting a meagre amount of sashimi on top of a large bowl of rice. Well... that's what you normally get when yuo order a Salmon Don or something at other "japanese" restaurants.

To my surprise, the bowl came with a generous amount of assorted sashimi and the works. You get like, salmon, swordfish, tuna, amaebi, cooked prawn, scallop (i think it was), cooked octopus, grilled eel, some roe and 2 egg rolls! And the best part - the rest is only 1/3 of the bowl.

Yums yums!

Talk about sashimi don at other places, man! This one wins hands down.

And the chawanmushi - you don't see like grilled eel and prawns in it normally, right? But this one does! Omg omg omg...

And the miso soup - there's a prawn head inside... And this made the thing exceptionally delectably sweet!

Definitely will go there again. To try their other stuffs!


Sorry - no pictures provided 'cos I don't own a digital camera. Guess I spent all my money on food and more food. Hur hur hur.

Well, i was seated at the counter area - and those seated there were all Japanese.

Tip to find out if the place is good JAPANESE food and not those imposters :
The more Japanese you find, the better the food is.

Tested and proven!

Service wise - you can really see the difference I guess. That's quite sad. 'Cos service is very important to me - it will either spoil my appettite or won't. But it was not very noticeable to me, cos I was busy yakking away and eating my food.

Good stuffs have to be shared, right?
So - the place is at Goldhill Plaza, #01-17 Goldhill Plaza . There's a lunch break inbetween from 2.30pm - 6pm and it closes at 10pm.


Love going for makan session with my sister (which is rather rare now) cos' she will bring you to places with good food! Most of them I have never heard of it. Which is a good thing, cos' there's still many good food places I have yet to uncover.


Vahns, I think you will love this place and although you had such a sumptous buffet this afternoon, I won't envy you cos' I had a good one as well! xoxo

No comments: