Monday, December 22, 2008

. pink and white balls day!

Sunday was 'Tong Zhi' day, and we had to go to V's 'niang jia' for tang yuan.

His mum made so many nice dishes, especially that fish maw soup! *drools*
And I didn't know fish maw was fish stomach. Eew!

However due to my gluttony - I will still eat it, as long as I don't see the thing before it got processed.

Sometimes I wonder, how does our parents miraculously know when is "Tong Zhi" and whatever traditional funny festivals or day?! Amazed by how they keep track. If it's me, I think that day has already ended before I even know it's coming.

It's not even on a fixed date in our normal calendar. Somehow or rather, they will just go like - "oh tomorrow's "bla bla" day.... better get this and that ready."

Don't think I will ever look at the lunar calendar 'cos I don't even know how do you use it. Thank god, it's not a must to follow such traditions.

Anyways, talking bout those tang yuan... I just love the traditional pink and white flour balls. DCon't particularly fancy those with fillings. And somehow - the pink ones always taste sweeter than the white ones even though it's just coloring.



Christmas is coming! Can't wait for christmas eve - and gonna try baking Orange Choc Gingerbread Man for them...

No comments: