Wednesday, December 24, 2008

.the gingerbread man has a tale to tell.

Latest Update: I managed to find a picture of the gingerbread man we did!


Me and the poor Vahns had to sleep at 5 am in the morning.
Thanks to the many little 'gingerbread' man cookies that we baked for Christmas.

I made orange choocolate flavour instead of the usual gingerbread flavour, in case many of them didn't like the taste.

Sad to say - the cookies tasted not too bad. But all of them are breaking their legs and heads!!!!! to my horror!

Vahns tried salvaging by putting icing and attempted to mend them. and his icing didn't harden as well! Argh!

In the end, an army of 30 over cookies - we only managed to get a few out to work. So depressing! Was rushing for time and had to forgo the rest. But I think Vahns is happy 'cos that means later tonight he'll have more cookies for himself!

Note to self: I should use a more crispy biscuit recipe instead of the softer one. Always always go get pre-made icing before the event.

Let's just hope they will like my cookies this Christmas!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oops! I realised I didn't post this up! Anyway for updates - I only managed to save the gingerbread men and gave them to friends as goodie bags along with some sweets and choc bar.

Note to self: never try to bake things in a rush 'cos I will end up throwing half of it away. Nice things only will turn out nice when done slow~

But at least, Edmund and gang said that my bread pudding was worth the wait!

Also, thanks for the many gifts that I received! Love them all! Of course, Vahn's gift is the best la - okay! Hahaha...

No comments: