Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Don't assume.

I was so pissed when V told me something that happened to one of his colleagues recently.

Recently the daughter of colleague - A was taken away from her and was put up at a foster home.

The teacher claimed that the husband of A abused the child.

Reason being - there was a small burnt mark on her arm.

Eh hello? There are many ways the burnt mark could be caused?

Like while cooking, oil splattered onto the arm (we get that all the time, and sometimes worst cases, kena scar la~)
Or accidentally got burnt by cigarettes, joss sticks bla bla...

There's once the red burning tip of the joss stick fell and burnt my feet. And that was at a temple.
So like that, my father abused me?

Things aren't what they seem to be...
And the best part was - the person (teacher or whoever that was) kept telling the daughter to say that it's the father that abused her.

WTF?!

of course, how they know - the daughter tells them la!
if let's say the daughter is really abused, she will do whatever the teacher says la!
Finally somebody come to her rescue.

It's quite obvious the daughter didn't say that the father abused her nor did she show any signs of abuse.
So now they know they are wrong, but to make sure they get their way, they try to make the daughter say that?

And the real reason why she had that burnt mark was some oil splatter that hit her arm while her grandma was cooking. (SEE?!)

Seriously, I think the teacher and the volunteer person are such DUMB pricks!

Don't stereotype people , even though he/she may be a different colour from your skin.

And now, the daughter is badly traumatised - so are the parents and family.
In fact, if I'm her father or mother - I will feel terribly insulted being treated this way.
And furthermore - who ARE YOU to take away their daughter???

I have personally seen the family before, and they have a cute and happy daughter.
They love their daughter so much - how can they abuse her?!

As the saying goes, " A Leopard Can Never Change Its Spots "
- which often deems quite true about people and their behaviour.

But then again, there are ALSO many that changed.

Of course, I'm not saying that I believe everybody can change. There are still some black sheeps around.

Okay, even if let's say the father have a bad temper - perhaps he have already toned down quite a bit?

The more I think about it, the more I wanna slap that teacher.
What a bitch!

Try having your kids taken away and see how it feels.

No comments: