Saturday, April 18, 2009

.what a headache!

All I want - at this point in time, is a damn good roof above my head!

well.... finding a house is easy - only when you have like tons of money.
but IF you're finding a place that is like..... heavily subsidised by our dear Govt.
It's so freaking difficult!

ONE major thing is - you got to be married! Eh... it kills the romance man.... I think majority of the ladies are married in this manner:

"Hey, i just saw a great unit. let's go apply for it!"
"You and me? Err.... okay"

Ta-daaaa! You have just agreed to get married. No need flowers, proposals, rings and whatever ambience.

It can happen in the car while he's driving, on the bed watching tv, buying groceries (if you guys are like stay-homies), or even when you guys are walking your dog!

Why?!

Anyway back to the troubles in getting a house of your own:

Firstly, it's the freaking Q - you seriously got to 'fight' with like thousands (and it's reallly THOUSANDS - see the 's'?) of people who wants to get their hands on those flats.

Secondly, procedures and more procedures. You got to check if you're eligible for the HDB loan, or if you're not getting HDB loan, finding pte bank loans is another problem.

Thirdly, they say you get grants... but that's like only for people with income less than 1.5k gross. C'mon.... will a family with a gross income of 1.5k even get a 4 rm or 5 rm flat? Sigh! And I was so happy thinking that we might be eligible for one, in the future!

Haiz..... now I regret why I haven't started saving at a young age. Else ... we could have considered the Peak at TPY, or even the nice Parc Lumiere at Simei.

If I'm not wrong, DBSS (Design Build and Sell Scheme) flats are built like condo units without the condo facilities. Which - I seriously do not mind.

And the prices are like crazy... when will it ever go down?! *agony*
700k for a unit at TPY - that's so freaking mad!

And I just saw the news - Parc Lumiere is priced around 400k - 500k. And that's not even an EC!

Hoping by the time I eyed something that I can afford - prices are much much reasonable!


Nothing too fancy (must be practical), with those huge windows up til the floor, a nice balcony, a huge kitchen (a definite MUST), a spacious service yard!

Oh and of course! most importantly - nice neighbours! I had enough living in a ghetto-like place!

*dreams.....*

No comments: