Tuesday, January 06, 2009

.Batam Getaway (Part 1)

We finally got to the ferry counter at Harbour Front around 8 plus in the morning. Gosh, it’s the holidays! Can’t we just sleep in a little later? Who in the world goes to the resort so early?!


[Tired but got to queue – we were like at the end of the queue]

[When I say there’s a queue, there’s a QUEUE!]


[Finally gotten our boarding passes, Batam here we come~]


It was a long wait to collect the passes and even to get onto the ferry. Why is there so many people waking up so early! So meanwhile on our way to Batam …


[Harris private bus]



Yay! Harris Resort – and spa here we come…

[We were given maps and a glass of bandung – and those cups were so cute, I want to bring them back!]


It’s like the miniature version of the big sugarcane mug.



[You see! He is totally so happy that he can smoke wherever he go! Happily smoking away! Supposed to quit last year, quit until where?!]





“Where’s the hotel voucher?”
“it’s with you, right?”
“no? I thought it’s with you?”
“aiyah…. I think it’s at the ferry counter la. That guy took it, never give us back!”
“why you so blur!”
“I asked you did he give you back, you said ya ya… how I know?”


But luckily they can check through their system. Heng ah!


“Why the travel agent so dumb to put us in such an early ferry?! We got to wait until 2pm for check in la!”

“Actually… I chose the timing. Thought can check in early and go play… Hehehe *guilty*”

Aiyooooooh!!!! This guy ah. Anyway we went to check out the café and had an early lunch.


Vahns lighting up again, I think I should just make a collage of each time he lights up to smoke. Don’t understand why people like to smoke. It smells and taste bad, it’s bad for your health and your wallet and it seriously STINK up your hands and mouth, also my hands since I held his.

The food was mediocre. But it’s still resort food, you know… that kind of standard. But the beef soup Vahns ordered was yummy! Wah shiok shiok man!





I order a Nasi Campur and he ordered the Beef Stew/ Soup (comes with rice). Apparently I was expecting mine to have like, a lot more items like those I get in Singapore. But sadly, some sticks of chicken satay, 1 egg, ikan bilis and peanuts, beef meat and a few raw veg. Eh how pathetic la~! The only thing that was nice – the egg. ‘Cos I like sambal eggs. That’s it.





Even Vahns’ plate of rice looks similar to mine just that he doesn’t have an egg and satay. His beef soup was so nice, we almost finished it. It’s a little like soto ayam taste – but nicer! And it reminds me of the mutton soup I had in those Indian stalls. Only ‘cleaner’ (no loose parts and remnants from the soup). They say the ‘dirtier’ the mutton soup is, the nicer. I don’t mind having another bowl!




To be nice – I’ll show you guys the menu!

While having our lunch, the staffs from Harris will come by and ask if everything is alright, how are you and so and so… So polite and friendly! Unlike Singaporeans. Ah… don’t talk about them. Makes my blood boil. =)

Despite the long wait for checking in, it was still rather pleasant. Though I was getting sleepy – I wanna get into my room!



Vahns walked around to let them ‘know’ of his existence. Lol! And finally we’re on our way to our room!



I didn’t know they had construction!




But throughout the stay, it didn’t really bother us much ‘cos we were quite far away from it. Except occasionally by the Neighbour. All cooped up in their room. I don’t rmb bumping into them or hearing their doors opening or closing. Just tv and more tv. And late at night, early in the morning their doors open and closed. Hhaahaha…. Weekend romp la! Must be!




I think I’ll end off here. Getting tired of typing and I still got tons of photographs to resize and edit. We took like 400 odd pictures over at Batam! Imagine that. Siao sia!


No comments: