Tuesday, January 13, 2009

.Batam Getaway (Part 2)


Ah sucha LAZY and busy weekend! I couldn’t bring myself to switch on my laptop and continue from the previous post.

But today, I shall ‘mi bu’ (make up for the long empty period) and update whatever I’ve been through for the past few days. The more significant ones, of course.

Anyways – we upgraded our room to the Cabana Room. They did up the room exactly like what you see on the website. And also, the same standard – seen as it is from V’s colleague’s pics.

Everyday you see people taking the same package that we had – and it’s only a 2D1N thing. But – these people at Harris, actually take the effort to lay the flowers and all so nicely each time. Can you imagine?








[essential oil burner – made the room smell so nice!]








[check it out! see through roof when you’re bathing and even in the toilet]
Hahaha... V's gonna kill me if he sees this. He warned me not to put it up. But its cute!
At least it's pixelated!
p/s: it’s really nice in the day but actually I get scared when it comes to night time. Cos’ I’m afraid I might see something on top of the roof. Lol. And V refused to sit outside the toilet to talk to me when I’m bathing! (&)$#)&%#(%#) although he is just a screen away from the toilet. *pai sei*





more pics…..





Check out the toiletries they gave – wah … and they give clean towels when they do up your room the next day. Some places don’t even give that. (The ones on the left are ours)




Even gave us slippers, please don’t wear it out. It’s for the room. I see some people wear them out. Err…..






[eating the praline that they gave (didn’t liked it but V forced me to take it), while checking out which spa package we wanted to take for the next day]



[the ‘balcony’ – it was rather dirty and not much view to look at, so I didn’t bother to stay outside.]

Mozzies are aplenty! Rmb to burn the mosquito killer thingy from the first day – it’s super efficient. They died instantly. Apparently I only found out there’s such a thing the last day – V didn’t tell me! Gave us a sleepless and uncomfortable night for the last day. Grrrrr….

After our 60 mins complimentary massage, V tipped the masseuse and their eyes brightened up. I think Batam no need to tip huh?

We had a massage the day before – a complimentary 60 min massage. That was good too. We came out looking refreshed! And to top it up – we had a good glass of avocado and beer for him.




[Dinosaur cousins! Hahaha. -_-]



That's the spa - here we come!



@ the bar...




[Bintang beer - proclaimed it as the best beer Indonesians ever made]
But aren't Muslims supposed to be not drinking alcohol?



[My Fav Avocado drink - awesome!]





Sidetrack: Omg, we fuckin' gained so much weight! Now then I realised. See my tummy! *Gasp*







Highlight of the day – I’ve got to show the monkeys we saw over at the nearby pub before our dinner on the first day!



I was scared la!


The larger monkey – will make the MMmmmmMMMmmmMMmmm sound when it eats the orange! How cute la! So like a human being.


(His distant cousin)

When V went to feed that monkey with a slice of orange, it actually grabbed V’s tee by its toes and V’s neck collar by its other hand. And the other hand was the orange. Lol! Aiyah but it stained V’s tee… which was one of my fav tees that I like him to wear.


The smaller one was getting jealous and became a little hostile. So we siam!
.


.


.





Bo bian – got to go back and change.

Off we go to the so called ‘candlelight’ dinner. When we stepped out of the room, I was scared by this toad. Haa…. Reminds me of the time I accidentally kicked a toad (I meant literally) when it jumped towards my path. And it flew even further into the grass patch.



We should have went earlier – thought people will come later. Urgh! I wanted the solitary table at one corner. Oh well!

[Welcome gift – Bandanas. V wants to wear it. Eee…..]

Pai seh - forgot to turn on the flash. Heh.


It was a bbq buffet with an assortment of seafood – crabs, fish, prawns. I love the smell of bbq crabs and prawns – they give out the nicest smell which will whet your appetite. But! I don’t like to eat them. I rather have like, black pepper crab and all… And not to forget – V’s black pepper crab is superb! I think maybe when he’s old and retiring – we can just open a Tze Char place and he can cook his famous crab dish.

Okay, I’ll make V cook that sometime soon and post it up. Coming back to what I was saying, the food spread was mediocre – but V and I do like the potato salad. The crabs unfortunately was not fresh. But what to do? Buffets normally they don’t really give fresh crabs when it’s bbq item. So wasn’t expecting too much.

They had a singer and her keyboardist over to sing some songs. Honestly speaking? I rather they play some nice songs instead of letting her sing. In fact, there was this lady who went up to sing – she was even BETTER than her! If I’m the singer, I think I will be so embarrassed!


What was really nice – they actually offered to give blankets to people if they were feeling cold while having the meal. We were seated at this open area – facing the sea and it was really really windy.

Before we left, one of the waiters asked “Not staying on to watch the show?” Was it a movie? Or he meant the singing part? Oh well, I rather go back to the room and catch “Little Nonya”! Talking bout that show, the 3 min thing was crap la~ Might as well don’t show. Hur hur hur…

No comments: