Tuesday, January 13, 2009

.Batam Getaway (Part 3)

Morning breakfast was alright – you get your usual porridge, bread, jam, butter, bla bla bla… There’s actually someone making some pancake thing – but I don’t really like it ‘cos you put choc sprinkles and all on it. Not my type of pancake.






On our way to SPA again!

The spa was shiok! Cheap and pretty good for that price. We took up the 1 for 1 promotion and it only cost us S$185 for a 3 hour spa. You get like, a body scrub/ body massage/ herbal bath/ foot massage and a cup of tea. The massage – painful! And ticklish! Can die… hahha.. V and me were like trying to not scream. But you can hear giggles and ouches from time to time. I think I amused the masseuse quite a fair bit. Came to a point, when I said – “wait wait wait! Err.. pain. Softer abit?”







Too bad can’t take pictures inside. But V was so paranoid ‘cos we can see the outside from the wooden blinds but no one can look in. He had to pull the white screens down to double confirm. LOL! And each time the masseuse got to pull it up, cos they can’t do their job if its down. Blocks a little of the sunlight that they need.

Previously we had the complimentary one in a room, so it wasn’t that bad.

Anyway we went over to Nagoya shopping Mall via the shuttle service provided by the resort. Paid 17 bucks each to get there…

While waiting for the shuttle service –we went for a shot at the airgun game. It was SGD 10 bucks for 30 bullets. It was fun! Tho’ it only lasted for less than 10 minutes – the 10 mins was rather torturous! Those mozzies are commandos! I was wearing shorts and was bitten like 10 times! V had his share of bites too… but I took more for him!





[Correct Posture]

[Wrong Posture ]
V says I looked like I’m holding a bazooka!









Mine!





His!

But not bad la, I was jumping up and down to siam the mozzies – can still shoot quite nicely. Apparently the resort guy helped to blow cig smoke at my legs and arms to shoo away the mozzies. V was laughing and clicking away.








Point to note: Please wear long trousers and sleeves and spray lotsa bug spray!







Took a shuttle bus to Nagayo Shopping Mall. They even had security guards and all. We felt so safe there, until we leave that area to hail a cab - not sure if it's me or what. I suddenly felt like that place is so scary! And I decided to pull V back into the shopping area to hail a cab.





Over at Nagoya, we had a sumptuous meal and it was super yummy! I think Indonesian food in Singapore must buck up – even a small time eatery over at Batam is much nicer than some famous franchise place. But of course there are also some good Indonesian places to eat over at Singapore worth mentioning like the one at Far East.


And it only costs us less than 20 bucks SING! WAH!






Ah Poh – time to go for family KTV and no more blows! Lol!


Nothing much to shop around, seriously. In Batam – I think you can only come here for food and their cheap spa. Other than that, nah… nothing worth coming for. For those lao ti kohs – women lo… I heard that to keep a mistress here is super cheap. Maybe 500 bucks a mth - she can live lavishly here with a nice place. Eh eh eh… I’m not telling all these to give funny ideas to Singapore men huh. Please la – I do NOT like the idea of kept women!

If V ever does tt – maybe I will just cast a spell to make his ‘ahems’ shrink like raisins.
Don’t tell me, I will still find out eventually!

The fake goods here – it’s everywhere! Eh so now you know huh – why some people can afford those branded stuff. *HINT HINT*

Actually V did a little research and got some info on places to eat. We settled for A1 seafood, ‘cos I didn’t really want to go to commercialized places. When in Rome, do what the Romans do! When in Batam, eat what those Batam-ians eat!



Eh sian… cheh – it’s just like a Batam Newton Food Centre. But cheap cheap. And they have wild boar meat! We didn’t want to order too much in case we get food overload which we normally did.


Too many stalls to choose from. So we randomly chose Hai Sing Seafood. Their menu had no pricing so we had to ask from time to time – how do they charge.

I was so skeptical – afraid that they might overcharge us ‘cos we ain’t locals. I hate it when places do not state their pricing on their menus. But oh well – even if they overcharge us – it’s still cheaper than Singapore food.










V says after a meal, MUST smoke! That's like heaven to them, smokers~ -_-
But i heard that after a meal, smoking is the worst thing a person can ever do, cos' the toxins get absorbed faster...... Is it true?




The food was not bad – the butter prawns were nice – You can chew the shells! No need to peel it off~

All these for only SGD 30 bucks! WAH!!!!

To top it off – we had a friendly driver (Mr. Rahmad) driving us from the mall to A1 and back to the resort. He actually waited for us! To do him a nice deed – I shall post up his namecard for you guys to see. Please call him if you want a lift anywhere in Batam. He doesn’t overcharge.

No comments: