Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year, everyone!

OOoops! I accidentally published the post without writing anything!

Well, it's gonna be CNY in a few days time! How exciting!
(In actual fact, what is most exciting would be the ang pows! Hehehe)

Thank god I'm not married yet. Can you imagine, when you're married - you got to give ang pows. Omg.... the amount of damage you get during CNY.

Little wonder why so many families prefer to 'siam' the CNY.

V and I will be attempting to make pineapple tarts tonight. Hopefully it will turn out good. Will post up the pictures when it's done. We have to leave the tart dough overnight - so it will turn out fluffy and nice. As told by Iza (the pineapple tart expert).

I love pineapple tarts!

That golden skin glimmering under the light (flourescent, also can) beckoning you to come over.
You take a bite and tasting it.

Oh, how fluffy and light!
Oh, how buttery!
Oh, the sourish sweet feeling!

You need another one!

It's amazing how people can create so many wondrous items with just butter, eggs and sugar and the most important ingredient - FLOUR!

Argh! I can't wait to make those tarts and pop it into my mouth. And i will have an endless supply of pineapple tarts in the future! Thanks to V~ *winks*


Okay okay, i think i shall stop talking about tarts. Making me hungry hungry hungry! When I think of pineapple tarts, I think of kueh lapis, then I think of rempah udang, then I think of egg tarts, then I think of fried mars bars~ okay, where's the linkage....

I think I should stop eating so much and go on a strict diet! Else I can't wear my new year clothes. Speaking of clothes, I was talking to some of my friends and V about it. For CNY, I try to make it a point that I will have everything new from head to toe, inside to outside. I even have a set of new PJs. They say I'm crazy. Am I?

New year must have new clothes.

Anyway - I shall stop here and dream of the tarts I'll be making with V.

Happy New Year! Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Love this funny clip:

No comments: